Thursday, December 29, 2011

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Ahh, New Year's! I love it! I might even love it more than Christmas. (Shh, don't tell on me!) But the saying good-bye to one year and the greeting of a brand new one conjures up all kinds of memories for me.

There were multiple lock-in's at church where we played foxes & hounds, video games, and watched one too many episodes of "Veggie Tales". There was the time a guy drove all the way from Michigan to hang out with me in my friend's basement. I've sat around on the couch impatiently waiting for the ball to drop so I could go to bed. (You'll all envious of that last one, neh? You should be.)

And then there was that one time when Clara and I were in the only bar on an island off the coast of Ireland with a bunch of drunk revelers singing Auld Lang Syne, and at midnight we went marching the perimeter in time to the local bagpipe bands.

I don't think we'll ever top that. But I'd love to try.



So friends & other fine folk, what are you doing New Year's Eve?



No comments:

Post a Comment