Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Time Has Come

The Season is upon us! Run, run for your life! Flee!

Ok, ok. It isn't as bad as all that. It's Christmas time! The trees are up, the wreaths are hanging on doors, and things suddenly smell of cinnamon. And for some reason the AMC channel is showing The Addams Family movies...

Now, I can't lie, December has kind of sneaked up on me, so I needed a little help getting into the swing of things. I've been making lists of my favorite Christmas things and this week I want to share the music that gets me into the proper spirit.

The first thing I listen to, always, is The Chieftains "Bells of Dublin" album. This is a mix of the carols we all know and love mixed with traditional Irish Christmas tunes. I recommend the whole album, but this one song is my favorite.

"O Holy Night" is my favorite carol, and I love to hear Lou Christie sing it.

And, of course, it really wouldn't be Christmas with this little gem from Bing Crosby.

But the ensemble wouldn't be complete without the marvellous Eartha Kitt.

Of course, there are many more, but these are the ones that really jump start the season for me. What do you guys listen to? I'm always looking for new music!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still a sucker for Barenaked Ladies & Sarah Mckalsdjfaklin doing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Oh! And it wouldn't be Christmas without Josh Groban singing O Holy Night. At least not for me.

    I am also not ashamed to admit that I have worn out my Mariah Carey Merry Christmas album. Nope. No shame. None at all.

    ReplyDelete