Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time Out Tuesday with SKemp

I remember getting "time out" in the lunch line when I was in kindergarten for kissing my friend Marcus on the forehead. I had to put my nose in the corner and think about what I did. Today, I still don't know what I did to deserve the embarrassment of time out in the lunch line. Marcus was a great friend in Kindergarten. Why shouldn't I have kissed him on the forehead if only to say, "Hey! We both still suck our thumbs. Let's rejoice and get some Jungle Juice."
Time Out Tuesday is better than this.

Thank goodness "Time Out Tuesday" at the Fantastic Spatula offers a little more than just "think about what you did". Thank goodness "Time Out Tuesday" doesn't mean I have to stick my nose in the corner all day. 

Instead, "Time Out Tuesday" is where I can share some of the neat interwebby things I've found, links to stories that have made me ponder, and images that I just want to share. Thank Lucy for a day in which to do that.

& This is a well written article form Gala Darling about feminists and high heels. I've felt this way about wearing make up and fancy clothes for a long time. It's nice to know someone else feels like I do. 

Katharine Hepburn's Trousers. Scandals of the Silver Screen

On May 8, there will be a vote to amend the NC state constitution that would define marriage as between a man and a woman only. I'm glad that while I'm in Montana I have some friends marching against the amendment.

My friend Sarah Hamm introduced me to this artist: books and collages and lovely lady art. 

My dad always sends me interesting things to read and look at through e-mail. Girls that defy gravity and old books carved into awesomeness with medical tools are just a sampling.

Felicia Day (from The Guild and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog) will host (host?) a series of awesome nerdy web blog videos. Board Games, Sci Fi Books, Music, Geek and Sundry. It will make nerds smile again

No comments:

Post a Comment