Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time Out Tuesday: Just Like Childhood

I'm going to have to make this short; Blogger is sassing me and I think that by this point it is just doing this on purpose.

Anyway, I keep forgetting that the new Fantastic Spatula schedule allows me to post on days other than Tuesday, but old habits die hard. But that's ok, because I am actually taking some time off this Tuesday. That's right; I'm not going to worry about falling behind at work, or not having the time to write what I want anymore, or that I have allergies so bad that I'm actually contemplating cutting my nose off. (Ok, not really, but they are bad.)
You want to know why?

There's a storm coming. It's on the edge of town and closing in fast. And it looks like a proper storm, with thunder and lightning. I was saying to Miss Lucy the other day that I remember having a thunder storm every evening in the summer when I was little. It's been a long while since we've had a proper thunder storm and it sounds and smells like those childhood summer evening out there right now.

So, I'm going to be a bit nostaglic tonight and take some time out to relive some of my childhood; listening to storms and watching cartoons. "She-Ra" is on Netflix, and "Freakazoid" is on Youtube. I'm just going to sit back and watch these silly shows and listen to the rain and think of simpler times.

No comments:

Post a Comment