Thursday, January 19, 2012

Things I Love Thursday 1.19.12 Edition

Things I Love Thursday
Or
Things That Keep Me Sane So I Don't Hurt Anyone...List


I don't know about you, but for me it's been one of those weeks that has both crawled by and flown all at the same time. Winter has a way of making you want to stay cuddled in your couch cushion fort and sipping big bowls of uber salty soups.

In an attempt to combat the Winter Blues, here's a list of things that are keeping me obnoxiously sunny this week.

Tom Hiddleston. Really this guy is almost too good to be true. He's quickly become one of me and Clara's favorite inside jokes. Let's just say everything can be broken down to the reason: "Because Hiddles!" 

Finishing a really good book. I've resolved to read all the books that I've been putting off reading this year. Some  of these have been lingering around the house for years, while some are relatively new. One of my recent purchases was Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. And folks? This woman knows how to tell a story! Originally there were a few things that I would have done differently as a writer, but really I loved how she crafted her story and her characters. I recommend it to any of you who have a bend towards Young Adult fiction or fantasy. She does not disappoint. 

My nostalgia for the 90's has not waned since last week. I found this clip from this season of Portlandia for the sole reason of seeing Eddie Vedder's acting chops. And I have to say....not bad!



Zumba. I've recently taken up this amalgam of dance styles for the sheer desire to get out of the house and do something that involves getting up off my winterized @$$. Our instructor is sweet and sassy and dishes out hugs to everyone. In my book that makes it worth looking like an awkward eight grader at her first school dance. Thank god there are no mirrors! Else you might see a familiar face on youtube. (I shudder at the thought!) 

Painting in my studio. I'm almost loathe to going over there now, but I'm grateful every time I do. I've seen so much progress in my art making since I started renting the space last May. The reason I sometimes can't bear the thought of going over there is because the likelihood of the guild staying open past July is, well, slim. Until then I'm going to make the most of it. 

Insurance. If there's one thing I hate about being an adult, it's having to deal with insurance agents. After some difficulty I finally have coverage. *Phew!* Big relief! (For me and my mother. Heh.) 

Cute shoes. That's probably the most girly sentence I've typed to date. It's true though- I found my ideal pair of shoes this past weekend and I'm itching to wear them. (Leopard print closed toed wedges from Payless. If anyone was wondering.)

Weekend adventuring. Clara and I are going to have an almost inappropriate amount of fun this weekend. Rembrandt, Greek food, Spice shops, and action movies may or may not be involved. Trust me, shenanigans will ensue. Always. ;) 

This video- Just because it makes me laugh:



What's made your TiLT list this week? 
xoxo,

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment