Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Whimsy: Scotland on my Mind

There is something about today; little things keep bringing Scotland to mind. Well, this isn't entirely surprising I suppose. Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am infatuated with the place, not to mention the accent. But it seems that today, every time I turn around, there is something Scottish.

Scottish actors keep popping up on my internets; I keep seeing references to thistles, the national flower of Scotland; and I swear by Hiddles that I just had a Gene Kelly in "Brigadoon" moment. I was just sitting here and suddenly I heard bagpipes in the distance. Any moment now I expect to hear a chorus singing to me softly, calling me across the misty moors to my true home in an enchanted Scottish village.


This happens everyday in Scotland, in my mind.

Maybe it is a sign that I will meet a handsome Scottish lad at my brother's wedding. (His soon to be mum-in-law is Scottish, so it is a distinct possibility.) (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Or maybe it has something to do with the awesome new trailer for Pixar's "Brave." Don't quote me on this, but I may actually die while watching this movie, from an overload of Scottish accents.



So, I am spending all my whimsy this evening daydreaming about charming rogues in kilts and planning a future among the heathered hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment