Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Time Out Tuesday: Birthday Edition

It seems as though all I do lately, apart from going to work, is take time out. But you have to understand, I work for accountants and as it is tax season... well. You can imagine; only take what you imagine, turn it on its head, flip it, and then multiply it by 10 and you'll get my average work day.

So naturally after a long day dealing with other people's financial angst, I like to come home and switch off my brain.

I didn't today. You see, it is my mom's birthday. And to celebrate, her sister cooked a special birthday meal for her and invited me along. It was simple; a salad, roast pork and asparagus, then poached pears and sweet cheese for dessert. But having a simple meal in the company of some of your favorite people makes a world of difference.

Tonight, we were as rich as kings.

It is the little things in life that are the best. I want all our family birthdays to be like this. Good food, good company, good wine, and good gossip about family scandals is the way to go.

Happy Birthday Mom, and a lovely Tuesday to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment