Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's in a Name?



For those of you who know me, you know that it's not unusual to find me under my headphones for more than two hours at a time. I love music. I have it on almost constantly while I'm at home and all the time I am driving in my car. Some music really catches you off guard and speaks to you in such a way that you just can't help but get farklemt.



But what I really love are name songs. Talk about something being personal! Even if the song is not about me per-say, there is usually some element I can relate to. So I decided to go troll the interwebs and find some youtubilicous samples for each of the Fantastic Spatulans. (See if you can guess which video belongs to whom. Though I'm sure it won't be too hard. You geniuses, you!)









So how about you guys? Do you have a favorite name song?

3 comments:

  1. Well, "Michelle" by the Beatles, of course. But I don't like random people singing it to me when we've just met. That used to happen to me a lot when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though they aren't my names, I love "Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen (of course) and "Julia" by The Beatles. And recently I found "Charlotte Mittnacht" by DeVochKa.

    lol Enya. (omg I love Enya!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "poor edward" and "alice" both by tom waits. "linus and lucy" by vince guaraldi trio, even though there are no lyrics. "kamala's too nice" by screeching weasels. "jen doesn't like me anymore" and "johnny quest" both by less than jake. yes.

    ReplyDelete