Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inspiration, I don't have it

Maybe it is the post holiday blues or the thought of my work's busy season starting up, but let me tell you internets I am low on inspiration.

I'm going to take the easy route and blame my brother (it's always his fault, isn't it?). He gave me his Xbox in October, and since then I've noticed a sharp decline in my writerly ways. But here's the thing. One of my resolutions for this year was to not touch the Xbox during the week and only play on the weekend. Did that help? Not really.

Then, as soon as I quit the Xbox, here comes my new obsession with Stephen Fry and his hilarious show Qi. So, I've tried to limit my time watching that. But still it isn't enough. I can't get my mojo going again!

Here is where you come in, internet. I need your help to get back into the zone of inspiration and writing. What do you do to get your creative juices flowing? Is there some ritual you perform, some zen meditation to do? I'm willing to try anything, because not writing and not creating is killing me. Not making magic is, well, it's the pits.

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

2 comments:

  1. Laugh, a lot! That's what works for me. But then I'm only a maker of dirty lyrics,an crazy songs.However a really good laugh session just seems to make you feel good. So movie,jokes,old tv shows aka. magnum pi,red skelton, smothers brothers(laugh in),hee haw,just a few examples of insanity.Could use a dose myself.
    Moskeeto Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo, you are in a funk as well. My advice to you is to lose yourself in music. Play Rosa Ponselle singing the "Ave Maria" from Verdi's Othello , or better yet, Renata Tebaldi. Remember what I said about G. Marshall falling to one knee, raising one arm and weeping unashamedly. If I know you...

    ReplyDelete