Tuesday, October 5, 2010

100 Word Challenge: Autumn Dedication

I love a challenge, being an Aries, and I love autumn, being my father’s daughter. My love for the season stems from childhood; as soon as the air began to chill my father would build the first fire of the season in our wood burning stove. He’d use the cedar wood that had been drying over the summer and the whole house would become replete with the smell of it. Then we’d all sit around the fireplace and get warm. We don’t have the stove any more, but now, when autumn comes, we have the memory of those simpler times.

4 comments:

  1. I remember such a cedar fire! And sitting on your couch wearing your mom's beautiful red sweater! I think that was the same morning that Gloria found my glove I'd lost in the woods.
    Yes, yes, good times thems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that seems like such a long time ago, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does! It was middle school wasn't it? (ACK! Old age! Nooo!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the old house!! Your Dad loved his b'day tribute. Chicken pie tonight!

    ReplyDelete