Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy-Belated-Birthday-Merry-Holidays-Things-I-love


OK! There are a lot of things I want to cram in the post tonight. So, lets get started...

*Happy Belated Birthday Fantastic Spatula! You have meant so much to me this past year. Although I didn't post as much as I was supposed to/should have I appreciate each and every one of you, the three ladies blogging, the featured Friday artists, and the community in general.

*Merry Christmas all! Wow, how they frack did that happen so fast? But never mind that. Don your gay apparel, deck the halls and bake some cookies! Actually I have a list of things you can do this holiday season to get in the spirit if you aren't just yet (or still can't believe it's really here)
@Call someone you love and sing them a carol over the phone.
@Make your Christmas and Holiday cards. Use found things, recycled papers, crayons.
@Go to a candle light service if you don't normally or go to a church with a friend if you don't normally attend church. It can be a different church than your used to or one you haven't set foot in for years.
@Host a cookie swap party. Bring your friends to your home. Tell them to make their favorite cookies, they can bake at your home, and swap!
@Read some Christmas and Holiday books that you might normally read if you were...6.
@Avoid the mall...
@Go to a pine tree/Christmas tree farm where they plant Christmas trees each year. You don't have to buy one. Just go there and sniff.
@Watch some of the Christmas Classics with friends or Family. Some of my favorites are The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Story, A Peanuts Christmas...

Tell me your favorite holiday traditions are... or create your own!!


1 comment:

  1. I quite love that owl's expression! :D

    I'm so glad that you agreed to be a Spatulan! How fantastic!

    I am going to try to get in the Christmas spirit by avoiding shopping unless otherwise necessary. All my Giftmas presents are courtesy of Amazon. Oh! And wrapping them. I can't wait to wrap them! :D

    ReplyDelete