Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Say thank you

You all know I harp on Banned Books Week.  Well, it is this week and I have to mention it.  Instead of my usual rant, I'll offer a challenge.  This week, thank one person who taught you to read voraciously, not just what was 'right' but what sparked your interest and made a difference in your life.  It can be a teacher, parent, librarian, friend, or LeVar Burton.   You can thank them in person, by phone, email, handwritten letter, Twitter, or Facebook.  Or blog.  (Here's mine: thank you Mommy and Daddy!) 

When you meet the challenge, leave a comment letting us know who you thanked and how you did it.  Kudos to the most creative. 

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your challenge and met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thanks must go to my sister. She was in college when I was most impressionable and she brought home the most outrageous and whimsical books !!I'm sure that I never would have heard of most of them if not for her. To this day I read everything she suggests. She is the most well-read and intelligent person I know.

    ReplyDelete