Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Changing Gears

Sounds like a car show title, doesn't it?

Don't worry. I'm not going to start prattling on about brake horse power or power to weight ratios. I mean that I am changing the theme of this post, giving those crazy characters a rest.

Truth be told, I'm writing this rather fluffy post, and you'll see in a bit why I say fluffy, because I've had a rather trying couple of days.

I went out Sunday to go to the store, only to find my window smashed in and my car a little dented.

I don't know what happened or why, but I was understandably shaken by it. My poor little Jeep! So, Monday I had to drive around with white trash bags taped over my window. Classy. Today saw my window repaired, but while I was running errands for work a tree fell and the whole block was closed. I couldn't get back to the office. Great, right? Nope, not for me; I had time sensitive work to be done.

So it goes without saying that my nerves were a little frayed. (Did I mention that I had submitted a short fiction piece to NPR's Three-Minute Fiction? Yeah, nervous about that too.)

Fortunately for me, there was a surprise waiting for me at my parent's house. Puppies! As soon as I set eyes on those little darlings all my griefs and woes just melted right away. Of course, I knew I had to share the magic of cuddly baby animals with you all. Are you ready for a cute overload?




 Molly, the proud, short-legged momma...

 ...and her seven enormous puppies. How sweet!

 Seriously, these puppies are just a week old and they are huge! See?!


But that's not all! My parent's have also been fostering three abandoned kittens. And I'm not lying when I say they are the most precious kittens ever.

A ginger! Ginger! Look at that face, would ya?

He's a fluffy ragdoll kitten! 

This is Leeloo, she is tiny and she is mine.

Sorry to disappoint you if you came to find out more about Charlotte and her cohorts, but I needed to take a break from the doom and gloom and post something sweet and innocent. I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the new members of my family. I'm delighted to share them with you.


(P.S. Anyone want a puppy?)

3 comments:

  1. I kinda...I kinda want them all!
    Now if there's a way to convince the Landlords. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cruel you are to suck us in with a tale of woe and then perform a bait and switch with adorable puppies and kittens. I already have a puppy cravening and no way to fix it.

    Cruel, cruel woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice the Stebbins "earth hand".

    ReplyDelete