Monday, May 21, 2012

Meter Monday: Minchin Edition

Hello. It's been a while, huh? Sorry about that; I've got no excuse. I've just been out of it for a while. But a rejuvenating weekend has put me back on course. I figured I'd ease back into posting by taking advantage of Meter Monday and showcasing one of my favorite poets, the wonder of Tim Minchin.

Yes. I know. I've featured him before, and with good reason. This man is a wordsmith of true greatness. And he is funny to boot, truly talented. Not only is he a brilliant pianist and song writer, but his beat poetry is remarkable.

(Now, I feel I need to issue another disclaimer. Tim Minchin is not for the faint of heart. He likes profanity, but he uses it well. He is also not for those of the closed minded persuassion or those whose own view points bruise easily. So, you've been warned.)

Here are my favorite bits of Tim's poetry; absurdly funny, ridiculously apt, and irreverantly perfect. Ladies and gentlemen, Tim Minchin!




No comments:

Post a Comment