Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Questions

Want to know what Blackbeard was doing before he tried haunting Darcy? Click to find out.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving y'all! (And can anyone tell me why Blogger is eating all of my edits?)


"Edward, where's Patrick?"

"I resent that accusation"
"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

Darcy shook her head. “So… you don’t know where he is?”


“Why would I?”

“I just wondered. I’m leaving for Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and I didn’t want him making an appearance. My aunt would flip out.”

“Flip…out?”

“Yeah, flip out. Y’know, pitch a hizzy, loose her cool. How is it you’re familiar with Weber’s musicals but not current on slang?”

“You don’t want to know, ducky. It was awful.”

 “Why? Is it super embarrassing?

There was a sudden chill and Patrick Henry materialized before them. “He tried to haunt a theater student. He didn’t make it through the first dance rehearsal.”

“That’s not a sight for a sober man.” Blackbeard shook his head gravely.

“What, a fearsome pirate legendary for his ruthlessness and savagery and you couldn’t handle seeing a bunch of men in tights?” Darcy laughed hard.

"No, you don't understand. They were performing The Pirates of Penzance. It should be criminal, what that show did to pirates. We're a laughing stock now."

Darcy looked pensive and when Patrick asked her what was on her mind she replied, "I'd offer to show him some of the modern takes on pirates, but I have a feeling the Pirates of the Caribbean movies would just make him more depressed."

2 comments:

  1. What Captian Jack, making someone depressed??
    Really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. I was wondering about the pirates of penzance and blackbeard and how he knew about weber's musicals in the first place.
    i was worried about that. this clears things up.

    also blogger has been eating my edits too. maybe that's it's thanksgiving dinner?

    ReplyDelete