Thursday, April 4, 2013

Things i Love Thursday: The Nana Edition

It's been a tough week here at Fantastic Spatula HQ. My awesome Nana was officially admitted to hospice on Tuesday. So in place of the usual Things i Love Thursday, we're having a Things i Love About Nana Day.

 
My beautiful Nana Lady


Revlon Red Lipstick
Giving me my first driving lesson

Dress-up birthday parties
Laughing at me the first time she heard me swear (She was so proud!)
Cheesy eggs and pigs in a blanket
Letting me paint in her basement. And on the basement walls. And the ceiling...
The Skittle Drawer
Our mutual love of all things Madeleine L'engle
How she always sang "Every girl's crazy bout a sharp dressed man!" Just that one line. Over and over.
Her love of laughter
She loved any excuse to throw a party: An open house every Christmas, a tail gate every 4th of July, ...
Her dirty jokes (Sometimes a little too dirty, but hey, that's Nana)

Teaching me how to play solitaire. And how to cheat at it
Knowing the value of a good hot dog 
How anytime is coffee time
That one time she called the preacher a "jackass"
♥  Being a real, live "Golden Girl"

1 comment:

  1. Aren't grandmother's wonderful. I love all of your favorites. I'm sorry to hear your Nana was admitted to Hospice. My Mot is also being visited by Hospice. It's not too bad for her, she really needs visitors and company and they are so very nice to visit with her.

    Much love to you and your Nana.

    ReplyDelete