Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Free For All



It should come as no surprise that I'm a fan of the "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" trilogy by Laini Taylor. Everything from the characters to the world building to the crazy awesome writing keeps me in a trance. So when I heard that a movie adaptation was in the works? Well, I got myself busy. Busy fancasting. 

What is fancasting? It's where weirdos, i.e. fans, troll their imaginations finding the perfect cast for a movie or tv show. Not that I am in the least bit biased, but I happen to think I've done a pretty good job. My brother and sister-in-law have heard me drone on and on about this for a while now. Now I will burden all of your lovely brain meats with my obsession. ;) Enjoy! 


Zuzana:: Ksenia Solo
 Reasoning: Played Kenzi on the show "Lost Girl", has a background in dance, and is freaking adorable. 
 

Mik:: Ben Wishaw
Reasoning: Uhm, he's also adorable? I have no logic behind this choice. Because reasons.
Next!

Brimstone:: Cle Bennett
 Reasoning: Played The Ash in "Lost Girl", terribly wonderful husky voice. 

Twigga:: Tom Hiddleston
Reasoning: Because if I can't have Tom Hiddleston in glasses and being cute, then what can I have?

Issa:: Kate Winslet
Reasoning: Issa is described as having a "madonna face", and well, that's Kate isn't it? Beautiful. Classic. Timeless. And a damn fine actress. I think she could really pull of the maternal and also the slightly menacing.

Thiago:: Kris Holden-Reid
 Reasoning: Already played a Celtic werewolf in "Lost Girl", so why not play a hot-to-trot, evil beasty boy again?

Akiva:: Richard Armitage
Reasoning: What's better than Richard Armitage playing a Seraphim? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing.

Karou:: Katheryn Winnick
Reasoning: She looks young enough to play the part, has a background in martial arts, can pull off blue hair, and uhm, yeah. Good enough for me!

The hardest part? Finding someone to play Karou. In my mind anyway, this was a tough hurdle, but I think I may have found a contender. What do you think? 

Are you a fan of the book? Who would you have cast?

1 comment:

  1. Geek Out moment for sure. They are making a movie? I still have to read the second and third books but can't find them!

    P.S. Thank you for sending me the first book in the series... and giving me a fine book series to be obsessed over.

    P.P.S. Ben Wishaw reasons.

    ReplyDelete