Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Better late than never...

Hey you guys. I’m not entirely sure, but I think I’ve found why I’m in such a funk. I’ve just realized that my Christmas tree is still up.


I know what you’re thinking. How could I fail to notice that my tree was still up and decorated? The answer is…I have no idea. But, since I am watching Doctor Who, I will borrow an analogy. It’s like my tree put a low level perception filter around itself; I knew it was there, but I just couldn’t really see it. Until last night, that is, when I just happened to glance out of the corner of my eye. There it was, sitting in the corner, pretty as you please.

As crazy as it sounds, I think my tree is trying to sabotage me. How else can I explain that it has stayed up a month longer than it should have? It’s certainly not because I’m lazy. No, not at all. It's definitely a plot to stifle my creative juices. So tonight, it's down with the tree and up with more seasonally appropriate decor. It's the Year of the Rabbit, but since I've no rabbits, I'll have to settle for a hedgehog.

Last February I started something new by sharing François with you. Hopefully, with the coming Chinese New Year and the removal of my evil Christmas tree, I can find something else new and exciting to share. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. Surely you know by now that Christmas trees are alien devices that are dangerous and potentially deadly. You are lucky you could see through the perception filter. Lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they sometimes spin and demolish walls and shoot incendiary ornaments and accompany freaky men in plastic Santa masks playing musical instruments. Wow, they are diabolical.

    And for the new year I say, "Allons-y!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap out of it! Write about a murder in the rain. I'm your biggest fan!-+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++the cat has found the + key to his liking+

    ReplyDelete
  4. T or rather D said if you paid your muse better she wouldn't leave; or eat more carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mean that if you pay her more she won't eat more carrots----why don't we talk about it Sunday.

    ReplyDelete